Adult BSA Training
The Executive Board of the Heart of America Council and BSA require that all registered adults are fully trained for their position (Assistant Scoutmaster or Committee Member). This includes all adults that have registered with BSA so they can attend Bartle Summer Camp. Please see the details on the Council’s website.
The following course is required for all BSA Registered Adults. Adults who want to attend camping trips with their Scout must be registered and trained to camp more than a cumulative 48 hours a year with the Troop.
- Youth Protection Training – Required for ALL registered adults – expires every 2 years
- You may take this course online by clicking the link below:
- Youth Protection MyScouting.org
The following courses are required for an adult to be registered as a Committee Member. All adults are invited to be a member of the Troop Committee and all Committee Members must be trained. Committee meetings are held on the second Thursday of every month.
- Troop Committee Challenge – MyScouting.org
The following courses are required for an adult to be registered as an Assistant Scoutmaster:
- Assistant Scoutmaster Job Specific Training and Scouts BSA Outdoor Leader Skills Training Campout
- These courses require attendance at events offered by the local Districts
Merit Badge Counselors must complete the required Merit Badge Counselor training and then complete the Merit Badge Counselor Application.
Scouts BSA Online Courses can be found on MyScouting.org website. You will be asked to create a MYScouting E-Learning Account. You need to enter ‘Heart of America’ for our Council (#307). You will be asked for your ‘Member ID’. This is not required but is listed on your BSA Membership Card. If you are a Registered Adult and don’t know your ID number, you can ask our Adult Training Coordinator, Mike Lynch; or call the Heart of America Council and ask them. If you are not yet registered, you can leave this field blank.
- Create an account – this can be done with or without your BSA membership ID. Keep a copy of your I.D. number.
- If you enter your membership ID, your training records will be updated at the Council Office.
- If you are not yet registered, you can still take training, just print the certificate at the end of each course.
- After your account is created you will receive an email with a link. Click the link to activate your myscouting account. This must be done before you can log in. If you do not receive an email, check your spam/junk folder.
- Once you log in to myscouting, click E-Learning on the left hand side. Trainings are listed under tabs (Cub Scout, Scouts BSA, Venturing, and General).
- Click on training validation to review what courses you have taken, this includes courses recorded at the Council Office.
Please note that your training certificate may appear immediately, but can also take up to 24 hours to appear.
Additional Adult Training
Health and Safety Courses
Climbing, Swimming, Floating, Hiking, Hazardous Weather
Merit Badge Counselor Orientation
(first Thursday of every month at Three Trails District)
Any Adult can be a Merit Badge Counselor with training. Troop 220 currently has a shortage of Counselors required for specific Eagle Required Merit Badges. Please contact Nia Miller to discover which Merit Badges you could be trained on to help our Troop. For more information please visit our Merit Badge Counselor page.